Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I mistakenly put aluminum foil in bottom of hot oven.When I

Customer Question

I mistakenly put aluminum foil in bottom of hot oven.When I realized it I pulled it out. Some pieces stuck. What is the best way to remove the pieces?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

You need to use the Works toilet bowl cleaner to get it off, o this outside. Use rubber gloves. Pour some of the toilet bowl cleaner on, walk away for 10 minutes. You’ll immediately see bubbles, this is the hydrogen gas. You’ll also see the liquid turn silvery, that’s the aluminum foil going into solution. Rinse this stuff off with water into a bucket, dump the bucket into your toilet and flush it down the drain. You may need to repeat this a few times.Once all the aluminum is gone, scrub it with soap and water and rinse again. Let it dry for a good long time (it may still smell like bleach). If you put it back in your oven without cleaning it thoroughly, it’s going to stink to high heaven.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks