Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

VENT FREEZ UP SIDE BY SIDE WIRLPOOL

Customer Question

VENT FREEZ UP SIDE BY SIDE WIRLPOOL
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8 YR OLD SIDE BY SIDE WIRLPOOL AFTER 4 $ 100 TECH VISITS IAM TOLD NO FIX AVALIBLE FOR A CIRCULATION VENT AND ICE MAKER FREEZE UP EXCEPT TO UNLOAD, TURN OFF AND LET THAW FOR A DAY
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

What is the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ED2FHAXSQ04
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ED2FHAXSQO4

What exactly is happening, I am not understanding the air vent freeze up. PLease just explain exactly what is happening this unit is totally fixable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT HAPPENRD TO YOIUR CALL?? iF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM HOW CAN YOU SAY ITS TOTALLY FIXABLE?? " problem" Frig compartment starts to warm up freezer ice maker freezed up, air circulating vents upper and lower, vents between frig and freezer, get iced up and closing off the air. Warm water sprayed on the iced up vents allows frig to get back to norrmal for a short time when it occures all over again & again & again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Look" if you dont have an answer just say so and I'll move on. To be honest with you i have already bought a new frig to be delivered next week. Thanks again by.

OK bye!