Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have the dryer frigidaire gallery series gleq2152eso the

Customer Question

Hey I have the dryer frigidaire gallery series gleq2152eso the dryer won't display the error codes and when I turn the dryer on it runs when the no heat is on but any other temp option the dryer runs for a few seconds then shuts off and also it won't allow me to select the dryness.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need the answer as soon as possible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

Do you have a volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it?

I suspect you either have a faulty control thermistor /temperature sensor or a faulty electronic control board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a volt meter, and I know how to use it

Ok lets go to the control board on the J2 connector.

J2-4 is a blue wire and J2-5 is a blue with white tracer. unplug the connector and ohm out the thermistor at room temperature it should read 50,000 ohms let me know what you find

and sorry I did not reply sooner for some reason it did not tell me you had replied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put one end in the blue wire and the other in the blue and white wire and it read 74,000 ohms under the 200k ohms readout

Ok and the dryer is at room temp correct? if so lets replace the thermistor it is out of spec.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/134587700/1156925?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=134216500?rcaid=1000070

it is located on the blower housing under the drum.
If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dryer is in the basement and it's right around 60-70 degrees down there, that wouldn't cause the dryer to shut off when you select the heat to be applied to the cycle, the dryer runs fine when it's on just air but when you turn it on low or any other heat it spins for a second or two then shuts off, how do I find the error code? I tried to look it up on the web but no results....

No the low temperature would if anything make the dryer run hot for the first one of two heater cycle.

And the dryer may not show any fault codes if the control board does not see any faults .

Here is the units technical data sheet from the manufacture .

ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/ProdInfo_PDF/Webster/134509400efsa.pdf

And on page #1 it shows how to enter the unit into diagnostics.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tech data sheet doesn't help me at all, there is no 12 o clock or any positions, the dial just goes to minutes or preferred dryness, when i hold the two buttons in it shuts off and restarts and the dryness blinks once any nothing else blinks and then it just turns on like it usually does

12 oclock is straight up just like a face of a clock!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah it's a round dial and there is no lines on the dial or anything to tell which position it is on a clock

use you imagination as to where 1,2,3,4 and so on are around the dial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no 3 o clock position

Are you sure that you have given me the correct model number?

You have given me GLEQ2152ES0 and that is what the manufacture tells to turn the cycle knob to 3 o'clock.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yup im positive it's the correct model number, if you google that model number you will find the same one, could you find out what number or cycle on the dial would be the 3 o clock position?

This is all the manufacture tech sheet shows .