Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My freezer side temperature is rising so far it is at 20

Customer Question

My freezer side temperature is rising so far it is at 20 degrees. It is a side by side and my model number is ***** bb.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are the packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, not frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could not remove the panel because one side did not want to move. Yes, I saw some frost on the coils and frost is on the inside of the freezer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there? The temp is rising and my frig temp is rising also, which I am sure it is related to the freezer problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have an answer to my problem.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry it was getting late and I hadn't heard from you so I logged for the evening. If you'd like for me to call you still I can call you today.