Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a may tag SDE3606AYW The drum will not spin but it

I have a may tag SDE3606AYW The drum will not spin but it does heat. The belt is good as are the two rollers. Is there something that will stop the motor from spinning? Like a thermal overload or soemthg?

There is nothing that will stop the motor from turning other than the motor itself if the heater is still heating. The heater should only heat if the centrifugal switch on the motor is engaged which should never occur unless the motor is running. Either way, the motor would need to be replaced to fix this issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you recommend changing the drum bearings and belt if we change the motor

No, there usually isn't a reason to replace anything unless it looks worn you you take the dryer apart.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?