Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have thermador cooktop model GGSCV36W, serial nbr

Customer Question

we have thermador cooktop model GGSCV36W, serial nbr 94050030 downdraft model, and two of the burners do not light. Spark is there but no gas.
two different repairmen have said they cannot fix, and we would like to keep it, since blower and downdraft hardware works fine. We dont want to comtemplate draft hood and
new hole in the roof. Can you advise someone expert in Thermador, who can fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

These 2 burners that won't allow gas to flow are the simmer burners. When one fails, it affects the other. To fix the unit, you'll need to order and replace the simmer kit which comes with the simmer control board as well as both potentiometers for these burners. The cooktop would need to be taken apart to replace this kit but if you wanted to fix the unit, below is a link to the kit you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for simmer kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?