Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Miele G 1470 dishwasher. It has stopped working

Customer Question

I have a Miele G 1470 dishwasher. It has stopped working giving an F11 error code. I have cleaned the triple filter and removed and checked the drain pump and non return vale. The pump veins rotate rotate forward and backward easily, but I noticed in doing the rotation that it seems to click forward and backward as opposed to turning freely. I do not know what to check next and it seems like I have to pull out the dishwasher to fully check the drain line. What should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So you are correct that F11 is a drain error. You've already checked the non-return valve and the pump veins rotating forward and backwards with sort of a resistance type click is normal. This is caused by the magnets on the motor. Either way, you will indeed need to pull the dishwasher out and then remove the bottom access panel below the dishwasher. Disconnect the drain hose from below the dishwasher tub and blow through it to make sure it's clears. If not then try to locate the clog, otherwise replace the drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?