Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

WSXH208/214 does not spin, advancing timer will start spin

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is a front load washer it appears and there are 2 things that can cause your problem. Either the timer is sticking and you just need to order and replace the timer, or your motor control board isn't sending power to the timer to tell it to advance into the spin cycle. You'l need to test power to the timer motor to see if you're getting 120 volts when it should be advancing into the spin cycle and isn't. If you're not getting 120 volts, then you need to replace the motor control board. If you are getting 120 volts, then replace the timer.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?