Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a maytag washer and it always stops before the

Customer Question

I have a maytag washer and it always stops before the compete cycle with an error code 16
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you give me the complete model so I can see what if any error the 16 is

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will get it tonight for you

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fav6800aww. it always stops at 16. It either means there are 16 minutes left or error code 16. Then it does not spin nor rinse.

OK this is the Neptune TL I am going to link you the service manual, you need to put it in diagnostic mode to see if you are getting any error codes. Most bigger issues will not be worth fixing on that unit due to the part costs and labor involved in repairing that machine.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will follow the instruction and go to service mode and give you the error code.

OK sounds good