Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My viking fridge is leaking. Ice has accumulated in freezer.

Customer Question

My viking fridge is leaking. Ice has accumulated in freezer. I cleaned out the ice. Still freezing up. I watched some videos. Think it might be drain tube? How do I clean out drain tube? Is there a gromet attached to drain tube?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took back of refrig off. defrosted freezer back and bottom. checked for water in back after I defrosted. none. how do I clean out drain tube?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my correct email is***@******.*** my phone is(###) ###-####thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please help! call me
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

A phone call costs more to do, I can send you a request or we can just continue on here. You need to use really hot water and a turkey baster or if you have a steamer blast out the drain hole to clear that drain on the unit. It sounds like you are almost there with completing this repair and that is the easiest way to do it. Once it is clear pour a 1/4 cup of hot water into the trough under the evaporator to make sure the drain is clear.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks