kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

How do I remove the top of my dryer model # MDE9766AWY to

Customer Question

how do I remove the top of my dryer model # ***** to access screws that hold the inside drum ribs that keep the clothes tumbling?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

HEllo my name is***** will be helping you today. You will need to remove the door from the frame and then there will be two 5/16 screws holding the top part in. I will link a diagram so you can see what im explaining. First open the door and you will see 4 phllips screws, 2 holding the door and another two in the same position just on the other side of the door. Remove all 4 screws and then part #24 should come off if you pull it down. Then get a 5/16 nut driver or socket wrench and remove #2 on both sides which is held in by that 5/16 screw. Once those screws are removed you have to remove #2 by sliding it sideways then off. The lid should now freely lift up.

If I have answered your question please rate and accept the answer. IF you are going to leave negative feedback please message me here first. The link is below, copy and paste the url and you will find the numbers am I referencing in my answer. It is important to note we can still chat after you have accepted and rated the answer.

http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/X2906166-00003.png

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to get apart with your help. Instructions were very clear thank you
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.