FixAll
FixAll, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I currently work for one of the largest appliance repair services in the country. I service laundry and kitchen
68072958

My cafe series fridge won't turn on and screen is stuck on

Customer Question

My cafe series fridge won't turn on and screen is stuck on the ge logo
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you tried to unplug the unit for 1 full minute to reset the refrigerator to see if you can set it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't. What actually happened was that all the led lights inside turned off all of a sudden. I didn't think much of it at first since the rest of the fridge was fine. The screen was still on and water was still flowing from the front. About a half hour later I went back and noticed that it wasn't cold anymore. I turned it off from the circuit breaker, not for the full minute, and when I turned it back on it was just stuck at this screen

Switch the unit off for a full minute then start it back up and see.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seemed to work as the lights came back on and it started to cool down but after a couple hours it all turned off again. The screen still lights up but no cooling

This sounds like you have a board issue on the unit, this would be hard for me to tell you with certainty as the unit seems to operate for a little while..I will see if anyone else has an idea.

Expert:  FixAll replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks for choosing this service are you still having issue with your fridge?