Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Recently I replaced the door latch on my Whirlpool Duet

Customer Question

recently I replaced the door latch on my Whirlpool Duet WFW96HEACO. When I start the washer it stalls on the after the door locks and the sensing light blinks...What can I do to enable the washer to advance pass this point?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. We need to get more information to know what is wrong. There is diagnostics built into the control. Here is how to do this. Let me know what codes you get.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off).

2. Select any three buttons and follow the steps below, using the same buttons (remember the buttons and the order that the buttons were pressed):

Within 8 seconds,

• Press and Release the 1st selected button,

• Press and Release the 2nd selected button,

• Press and Release the 3rd selected button;

• Repeat this 3 button sequence 2 more times.

3. If this test mode has been entered successfully, all indicators on the console are illuminated for 5 seconds with “888” showing in the Estimated Time Remaining three-digit display. If there are no saved fault codes, all indicators on the console will momentarily turn off, and then only the seven segment display will come back on and display “888”. If there are codes, a momentary press of the 3rd button you used will advance to the next stored code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to call?

No, but the request was made so that any expert available to call can accept.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the 3 button sequence did not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pressing the buttons did not work
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

I am a different tech would you like a phone call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a phone call only if my problem can be resolved.

Obviously I can not guarantee this can be fixed over the phone, so I would just advise you to have a tech come out and do the job.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OBVIOUSLY!