Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My kenmore ultra wash dishwasher is not living up to its

Customer Question

my kenmore ultra wash dishwasher is not living up to its name. Doesnt wash dishes. doesnt seem to start cycle. possibly not enough water going thru?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Clean and replace the chopper if it is broken, The chopper and sump may be all clogged up causing this issue watch this video to get at it and clean it or replace it.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok... so I watched the video... which was helpful. There was some clutter... but not a significant amount. The Chopper seems ok, so I cleaned it and put it all back together. I ran it thru the cycle...but it seems clear to me that not enough water is getting into the machine.... actually in this test run it seems that possibly no water came thru. When I opened the door it was warm... so the heater coil works. And the sounds I heard from the next room indicated that it was going thru the cylce. yes... I checked to make sure that water supply tap was on :) thoughts?

Ok then you may have a clogged up or bad fill valve on the unit that is the only other thing that would cause that issue if the supply of water is good.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks. I will order this fill valve part and replace it. Is there a simple video on replacing this valve?

Yes just go to that link I supplied and look at the bottom of that page there is a video right there and you can order it also right from that link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok.... I have ordered the mix valve part from a local supplier. However, I will not get it till next Wednesday. Not sure how this works, as I have never used an online service like this before. But do I close off this interaction, once I have installed the part and my dishwasher is working? You have been helpful.

Just supply a star rating today and then you can get directly back to me without delay.....you will get a link in your email to get right back to me for any followup questions.