Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My LG frontload washer just moves the light back and forth

Customer Question

My LG frontload washer just moves the light back and forth across the board and the motor growls, with the light saying sensing, what is wrong with it? I took the towels that were in it soaking wet out, and put a new smaller/lighter weight load in, and it still does it??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Does the tub rotate at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Non it just sits and the motor makes a fluttering sound while the little lighe sedges back and forth across the little orange lights.

If no error codes light up or display you may have a control issue, do you have the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would I find that? If on the back that will be awfully hard to get to. It was bought in 2007.

It should be on the door frame

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
902KWSB80008

It should say model number and it is the smaller number out of the two

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WM2801HRA

OK on that model can you remove the back panel and inspect the stator and wiring for any damage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok this machine is in a spot where to not so redaily available to pull out to have the back panel removed, and I'm no electrician or circuit board genius. Thanks for now, will have to call tech!

OK no problem totally understand!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks