Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Turned off refrigerator to clean hours now compressor wont

Customer Question

turned off refrigerator to clean for 24 hours now compressor wont start back up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

What is the make and model of the unit? Also are the fans running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Viking Built in refrigerator Model Number DFbb363L. I turned off the power button above the grill to empty and clean rerigerator for 24 hour. After the cleaning I turned the power button back on and the lights in the refrig work display panel is on and its blinking and compressor wont kick on.I have had the power on for approx 12 hours. We also had a nieghboorhood power outage this morning for about 4 hours

OK how long has it been on now like that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12 hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tech directions above behind panels claims there a showroom switch which I can not find

This is likely not a show room mode condition, the board may have been damaged by the power outage. Do the fans run on the unit at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no

Ok the best I can do is give you the service manual for this. This will show you where the switch is and how to access the programming mode for the unit would that be acceptable? If so just rate my service and I will send you the link,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please send me the service manual
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have been no help now you are sending me a service manual and want to charge me? It this a joke?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This service was sold under false pretense, you are supposed to look in the manual as the professional and help me troubleshoot. I can get a service manual on my own. Please cancel this session and I want my money refunded.

Ok I just thought it would be easier if you read it in the manual. Take care.