Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

How can I tell if my impellar is bad or my circ pump? Bosch

Customer Question

How can I tell if my impellar is bad or my circ pump? Bosch dishwasher. Its not draining
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

See if you have a siphon gap next to your sink as most times that will get blocked up with food and stuff causing the unit not to drain out properly. If you do not have one of those let me know if the pump on the dishwasher is running.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a siphon gap. It has a Johnson T drain so its a direct drain. When I open the dishwasher it seems like its running but I do not see the impeller moving. I have the covers off and everything open. The water seems like its being sucked out but when I open it the water rushes back in and does not seem to be draining at all. AS I stated in my questions that I submitted. How do I tell if the pump is running or not and the impellar?

It would be hard to tell if the impeller is turning as you really can not get to it. Can you remove the drain line on your trap and see if any water pumps out of the machine or see if you can suck water through the drain hose with a shop vac...if you can not I would say the line is blocked. You can also remove the drain pump and see if the impeller is disconnected or broken off the motor shaft if you have the unit slid out, but I believe you have a blockage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok this is not helping...I already know the water is not draining and I already know its either a blockage, impellar or the circ pump. my questions were how do you tell? I know how to clear a blockage but how do you tell if the impellar is bad or the circ pump is bad? That was my question. Also, is there a reset function on this particular model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If all your going to tell me is I have a blockage then I am not going to pay for this. I asked all my questions in the first reply and they are not getting answered. If you do not know how to tell or we cant tell then that is what I was asking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? are we done?