Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Viking refrig/freezer that will not stop running

Customer Question

Mike I have a Viking refrig/freezer that will not stop running and is freezing refrigerator side. 2010 year
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model # VCSB548SS
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

This sounds like the damper control may be stuck open or broken. That is the air vent control in the upper left corner of the refrigerator. That may be bad and need to be replaced as that would be the most likely issue causing that problem.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks