Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Circuit breaker tripped. micorwave dead. checked main fuse

Customer Question

Customer: circuit breaker tripped . micorwave dead. checked main fuse next to big capacitor...good. the other day, when using microwave, the door message came on few times when shut the door. No lights inside. then microve started working. Now completely dead and tripped breaker box
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: WMH31017AB1 model whirlpool microwave... purchased in 2013. No power
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

There is a an internal bus fuse in the unit. You need to check that bus fuse as it is likely blown. If this is an above range microwave, You need to remove the upper grill above the console on the unit then there is a singled screw above the control panel. Remove that and lift straight up on the control console it will unlock and you can rock it forward exposing the inside of the unit. You should be able to locate the 15 amp bus fuse in there or above that area to replace.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In my question, I told you that I had already checked the fuse. I dont need you to tell me how to do that. Can you respond to my particular question? I don't need help to change that particular fuse.