Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Bosch B18ID80NLP Column freezer: Light for "agitation"

Customer Question

Bosch B18ID80NLP Column freezer: Light for "agitation" for the water/ice cube dispenser blinks about every 20 seconds. Water, ice dispense, agitator or light will not function with the buttons. Originally, the change filter light was on last evening and I changed the filter. I had a hard time getting the filter message to reset. I can't determine if water feed is working through the filter into the ice maker. Since the exterior console/control panel does not seem to function correctly is that causing the water to not fill correctly or is it the water valve/ water supply causing the panel to malfunction. The panel swap appears straight forward whereas the water valve replacement appears to be a challenge. Part cost is the opposite, but the service call & part replacement will probably be around $500 for either solution.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hello,I'm so sorry for the extended wait time, whilst I was offline. Do youstill need help with this?

Ifso, I will try to locate some information on this for you.

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need an answer since I have been charged the fee. The panel now is dead with no lights. It would appear to change the panel that the door skin will have to be removed. There pulling off the trim around the dispensing panel, I notice a fair amount of condensation. I'm guessing that that may have caused the problem originally upon reinstallation. Ice maker, agitator dispenser is not working as at all. Still no error message when I do diagnostics. Since the control panel no seems "dead", i'm guessing that that unit is the culprit.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks

Its possible that you have two problems here, but the likely culprit is the main boad.

We know this is faulty as it does not display correctly and also wont display an error meesage.

This is also likely to not be sending the impulse to the ice make etc.

I would change the main control board

Thanks, ***** ***** again that no one else responded to you whilst I was offline

Rob

Rob