kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

My Dishwasher PDW9800J00SS didn't work so I replaced the

Customer Question

My Dishwasher PDW9800J00SS didn't work so I replaced the Thermal Fuse, Touch Pad and the Control Module. Now it works but I can't scroll through the Selections: Anti- Bacterial, Cookware, Normal, China Crystal, Rinse Only.
It is stuck on Normal which is OK for now. All other options: Delay Hours, Added Heat, Heated Dry work fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be helping you today. Can you provide me with the part number for the touch pad?

Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

That you installed into the DW

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WD34X10915
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

For that model number, double check it. I only find a PDW9800J00ww, no S's at the end.

Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

also theres bb and cc, but not ss.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry....PDW9280J00SS
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

I found part # ***** to be the correct part for this unit. What color is your old touch panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Old and replacement were identical grey panels on black background.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The selections didn't work before changing out the three items mentioned above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It stopped working so I ordered the three items and when I took the front off I noticed the fuse was burned. So I replaced the three items as I had purchased them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuse, touchpad, and Computime Model # ***** Ge Model 165D7305G002
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Okay that part number is ***** If you're having issues with the keys being responsive on the touchpanel the only issue could be damage to the harness or the touchpanel is bad. Take off the door again and locate the ribbon and inspect it all the way from the beginning of the touch pad to the the connector then follow that to the board where the ribbon is connected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The selections didn't work with the old touchpad and now with the new touchpad. Could it be something else.
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

And other keys will respond?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything else (other buttons) works.
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Okay, have you ran a normal cycle with it and did it complete the cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
two cycles. One to clean the DW and a second run full of dishes
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

ok let me look into a few things with this unit.

Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Did you inspect the entire harness for the touch pad? 100 out of 100 times if a button is responsive on the keypad but others arent that keypad is bad. If you hit cancel does the dishwasher go into a cancel mode and start draining?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Harness looks good. Pressing the Start button, wait 1 minute and then pressing the Start/Reset button stops and drains the DW.
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

That would leave me to believe your main PCB is functioning properly if you can run an entire cycle and drain it. I am going to opt out maybe another tech has more insight into this DW. Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had a tech come to the house and fix it. Couldn't wait any longer.