Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

I have a ge GDT55hsdoss its running trying to get water and

Customer Question

I have a ge GDT55hsdoss its running trying to get water and its not the water valve
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So you're going to need to take the pump apart inside your washer and look at part 308. This is your float device which tells the dishwasher if it's full of water so don't fill anymore. Over time debris or hard water build up can form and then the device will get stuck in the up position and won't seat all the way down causing the dishwasher to think it's already full of water. Just clean this part and make sure it goes all the way down. If so and it still won't fill and you already replaced the water valve, the only thing left would be the main control board under the dishwasher which would need to be replaced. Below is a diagram so you can locate the float which again is part number 308.

CLICK HERE for diagram

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am here to help answer your question. The flood switch is located under the round removable filter inside the dishwasher. The flood switch is most likely defective. I have had to change defective flood switches before. The flood switch is a black tube with a green connector on the bottom. The flood switch part number is ***** I doubt the issue is the main board.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. You can ask free follow up questions at any time. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com.