Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Why have I not been contacted as I placed an emergency

Customer Question

Why have I not been contacted as I placed an emergency service call as my freezer isn't working and all food has been thrown away. I have a service agreement and the ice maker isn't working either. My phone is(###) ###-####and my email is***@******.***
Jim Dayvault
1465 Gulf of Mexico Drive
Unit B-206
Longboat Key, Florida 34228
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

IS the compressor running and have you tried to reset the unit by unplugging it for a minute and plugging it back in?

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that too.

If the compressor is not running and the fan next to it is not running you may have a board issue, this is something that may very well require a part so I would suggest you move your items into a cooler as this may not be able to be fixed tonight

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for an appointment