Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler i have model MMV1153BAS Maytag microwave, i have

Customer Question

Tyler i have model MMV1153BAS Maytag microwave, i have removed the outer black plastic flange around the door an have discovered that the spring is laying loose in the door however not broken. I dont see anything on the latch broken, just cant tell where the spring is suppose to be attached? do you have a picture or diagram that woul show me that? thanks, ***** ***** seems rather crazy to pay 230$ plus for something i can put back on??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The spring is supposed to attach to the back of the plastic latch. There is a prong on the back which the spring hooks too and I attached a picture so you can see where it attaches. The other side of the spring pulls down and attaches to a small hole in the frame of the door.

Now if the hook is broken on the back of the latch, order a new one and it's part number DE64-00760A and it only costs about $6. If the hole in the frame of the door is broken which will be BELOW the hook on the back of the latch so that it pulls the latch down, then drill a new small hole in the frame so you don't have to buy an entire new door.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?