Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a DCS Model 305SS-L gas oven with top. After running

Customer Question

I have a DCS Model 305SS-L gas oven with cook top. After running a cleaning cycle the oven door would not unlock. After talking with a technician I was able to manually unlock the door with a home made "slim jim". However, the DOOR LOCKED light remains on, and the oven igniter is disarmed. I cannot use the oven. What part do I need to fix this problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately manually unlocking the door only gives the access to the front vent panel which you can remove so that you can replace the door latch. The door latch itself has failed which is why the unit won't unlock and the latch will need to be replaced before it will allow you to use the oven again. The latch assembly you'll need to order is part number 16585 and you'll need to call Fisher and Paykel to order the part since they bought out DCS a few years back.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. I am in Bermuda. We used to have a DCS dealer here but he went belly up. I will try to order online.
Thanks, JWB
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem and I wish you only the best. Good luck. It's difficult getting anything done in Bermuda when it comes to foreign appliances.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?