Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

GE Colossal washer,doesn't turn motor on or engage agtator,

Customer Question

GE Colossal washer,doesn't turn motor on or engage agtator, it fills tub and pumps out OK
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

DO you have the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, I can't find an actual model no. anyplace on this washer. I did not look on the bottom.

Ok look on the back edge of the console or on the frame with the lid up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the washer is not here,I will go look again. be back in a half hour. I'm back, was under soap film. wjre5550k2ww
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may have written you in wrong place. mod no. is WJRE5550K2WW

OK great I got it, now can you take the front panel off the machine and look at the top of the motor to see what pattern the LED is flashing on the motor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Washer is 4 miles from here plus I have to get daughter from work now, so it will be about an hour this time.

ok no problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm back. On top of motor is a circut board with a aluminun plate covering it held on with 4 torx screws. I see no led , I had machine on spin cycle, only the water pump runs. The back 2 screws that hold the cover plate would be very difficult to remove, they are very close to bottom of tub.

Ok if no LED is flashing you may have a bad inline fuse there is an inline fuse on the wire harness that runs down the corner of the unit check that and see if it is good...here is a link to it.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there? I find no fuse in the wires to the motor or spin actavator, also I can find no LED to see on the motor. I uncovered the switch panel and followed the wires to the switches and circut boards, no fuses.Any ideas?

There is fuse but it is hard to see as it is in that wire harness, you have to separate the wires in the harness close to the top right corner to find the fuse, since the LED is not lit on the board the fuse is likely bad, the fuse is there and it just looks like a wire with a black wrap on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I talked to you previously. I have ge washer wjre5550k2ww. it does not agatate orspin out . You suggested replacing the inline fuse going to the motor. I have done this and it makes no difference. Any ideas?

If it does nothing and you get no led the only other thing could be a bad motor, the board on the motor may be bad as really nothing else would cause that issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks