Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My freezer keeps icing up without the ice cube maker even

Customer Question

my freezer keeps icing up without the ice cube maker even hooked up?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

DO you mean you are getting water frozen in the bottom of the freezer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
even took the fridge outside on the deck. Cleaned everything, but same result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GE Model # *****

You have a clogged defrost drain line, you need to remove the back panel in the freezer. Locate the drain hole under the evaporator in the drain trough. Clear the line with hot water and a turkey baster or steamer. Once clear pour water down the line to make sure it is draining and put the panel back on and there will be no more water issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please just use the star rating system to rate my service 3 stars or higher thank you.