Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My control panel wont reset I tried to press the control

Customer Question

My control panel wont reset I tried to press the control lock button to unlock and that doesnt work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And what exactly are you trying to reset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not at home to give model number but the panel is locked to give ice and water and the manual says to hind down the control lock button and its supposed to blink and turn off .... Not blinking or turning off
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK but the control lock light is definitely illuminated right now to show that it's locked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all the buttons are illuminated
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK so this is just a failed dispenser control board then. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if it will reset. If that doesn't work, try to press and hold the control lock again. If it still won't reset, then you need to replace the dispenser control board because it has just failed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try that when I get home is that expensive to fix?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I can be. The cost of the part depends on the model number but the part itself usually ranges from $80-400 so there is quite a range without an exact model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model zfsb26dnd ss
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect, so below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and replace if it won't reset. It's just over $100.

CLICK HERE for dispenser control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.