FixAll
FixAll, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I currently work for one of the largest appliance repair services in the country. I service laundry and kitchen
68072958

Can you tell me where the fuse is light freezer in my GE

Customer Question

John can you tell me where the fuse is for the light for the freezer in my GE ZIS48D? The light is not coming on when the freezer door is open, I have confirmed that the lamp and socket are working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hello,I'm so sorry for the extended wait time, whilst I was offline. Do youstill need help with this?

Ifso, I will try to locate some information on this for you.

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do. I do alrea have the electrical print.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

From the schematic I have, there is no fuse.

I would suspect that the switch itself is faulty, if you are sure that the lamp holder and lamp are good.

Apologies again for the delay when no one repsonded to you whilst I was offline

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The switch is labeled "master light switch" and turns off both the refrigerator and freezer light. The refrigerator light is working so I think the the switch is good. The landholder is definitely good. Where is the transformer located? My print shows a seperate transformer for the refrigerator/freezer.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

The location is not shown on the diagram I currently have.

Ill put a all out for the other diagrams of this machine

WhileIm waiting Ill opt out.

Thismeans that if someone else has this information, they will respond toyou directly.

Inthe meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as thiswill lock your question

Thanks

Rob

Expert:  FixAll replied 1 year ago.

HI thanks for choosing this service, you have tried replacing the bulb or no? transformer going out is pretty rare.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried replacing the bulb
Expert:  FixAll replied 1 year ago.

Well the transformer is located underneath the fridge, but the door switch is a more likely problem than the transformer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay. would the door switch use the same contact to activate the door alarm? Because the door alarm is working. or is that a different switch?
Expert:  FixAll replied 1 year ago.

How old is the fridge? typically there are several switches one for the fan one for the light possibly an indicator switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure.(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 10 years old There is one switch on the top of the door that I can see.