Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Mr. Tyler Z. I own a Sub-Zero fridge-Freezer model 650.

Customer Question

Hi there, Mr. Tyler Z. I own a Sub-Zero fridge-Freezer model 650. Water to my house had to be turn off for about 24 hours. About a day later, I noticed that the ice tray had filled with water and then frozen. Some water spilled over the lip of the ice tray and froze on the wheel and track. I knocked the excess ice off the track but am concerned that this might happen again. What may have caused the water to fill the ice tray in the first place do you think? Fred B., Cathedral City, CA
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

It sounds like the fill valve may be getting sticking and then it may have stuck open before closing causing that issue, that would be about the only thing that would really cause that issue, You may want to replace the valve on the unit as it is getting to the age where it should be changed out.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** advice! I'll check it out.

No problem

Just please remember to rate my service using the star rating link thanks!