Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

There is power to my dishwasher but when I press start it

Customer Question

there is power to my dishwasher but when I press start it doesnt work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you press the cancel button, does the pump turn on? Do the cycles program correctly but it just will not start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i get nothing
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, how about the programming, does it all program fine but just not start or drain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only the heated dry light and sanitize lights go on there is nothing else
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok giving it a try thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You bet, keep me posted on any change at all, no matter how subtle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried it , same thing, only heated dry and sanitize lights work nothing happens when you press start or cancel
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE