Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Whirlpool Fridge # WRF560SMYM00, serial #

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Whirlpool Fridge # ***** serial # ***** The bottom frezzer door will not close all the way, the left side telescoping steel roller rail will not go in all the way like the right side does. There is nothing in the freezer at this time and I could not see any obstruction of any kind even with mirrors. I don't know how to remove bins in freezer to see more. The left rail seems to hit some thing hard and will not move in. What could it be? have to fill gap with towels for now, cannot turn freezer off by itself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

There are 4....1/4" screws that hold the front DRAWER on the rails. Take those off so you can then access the rails to see what is blocking, binding the rail. Sometimes the rail hyperextends past the stopper and you need to pry it back in to get it to close.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please just use the star rating system to rate my service 3 stars or higher thank you.