Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool duet washing machine (less than a year old) is

Customer Question

My whirlpool duet washing machine (less than a year old) is making a loud running sound but nothing is happening inside and the door is locked. I've unplugged and waited 10 minutes and plugged it back in and it does the exact same thing. Have tried pushing power button and start/pause button but they are not responding
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the unit went into flood mode. You need to leave it plugged in and let it finish the flood mode cycle. This can take up to 20 minutes. This occurs when the washer was trying to fill for more than 6 minutes so the washer goes into flood mode in case it's not reading the water properly and the tub is almost completely full of water and about to pop the door open. Once flood mode exits, the door will unlock and the motor will stop running. If the issue comes back, you need to check the water pressure coming from both hot and cold water lines going to the washer from your house. If they check good, call warranty because something in the washer is restricting the flow.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.