Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE Electric Range Model JBP76GV1. Replaced burned out oven

Customer Question

GE Electric Range Model JBP76GV1. Replaced burned out oven bake element (WB 44XX5082).
Bake oven now works fine. Now broiler does not get red hot. Broiler heating element continuity checks out OK (17 ohms). What else can I do to isolate the broiler problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the bake still works but the broiler does not, there is nothing that can cut out the broiler separately other than the broil element itself, or the relay on the display control board. The board is part number WB27X5579 and it's no longer made so if you wanted to fix the issue and the element is good, you'd have to send the old display board into a place like ApplianceTimers.com to have the board refurbished. It usually takes about 2 weeks and costs about $150.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate your answer, but it does not solve my problem. It does not seem appropriate to pay you to tell me the part is no longer available. Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I have told you how to fix the problem, and you are paying for my time. Keep in mind I make a living just as you do and if everyone stiffed you then you would have nothing to live on. You now know what the problem is and I have told you exactly how to go about fixing the part since they no longer make the part. I can't control what fails or whether a part is made or not. I certain will not help you in the future if this is how you are going to treat someone who is trying to help and make a living.