Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My whirlpool washes seems to start but the drum activates to

Customer Question

My whirlpool washes seems to start but the drum activates to spin and stops
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Do any error codes come up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This model has no digital display. When I press power and then the start button. It clicks. The Add garment light comes on (yellow) and the the door lock light comes on (red). The drum seems to start and then shut off. After a few minutes the buzzer keeps sounding and nothing happens and I have to turn of the power.

If so that is a refrigerator fan error code

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What!. It is Whirlpool cloths washer not a refrigerator.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as I said there is no display and no error code.

The site server has sent you the wrong information that was meant for a different customer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it. Thanks

Can you remove the top and remove the M13 3 wire plug from the CCU board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is nite time here in California. I am not sure how to remove the top. I see one screw at the back and I have to move washer out and see if I can open the top. I can only try tomorrow during day time and contact you for further assistance.

You need to remove the 3 screws on the top panel. Slide the top panel back and off then you will see the CCU and unplug the M13 3 wire plug and then try and start it and see what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Will check tomorrow.Thanks

Ok sounds good!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am back. I unplugged the 3 wire from the first switch and put back same thing as before. I unplugged an oval shape switch which connect the blue wires to the black cable going to the drum I believe.The unit started went through the rinse cycle and when it started the spin cycle the drum rotated about a minute and stopped and the buzzer alarm came back. This happen every time I disconnected from the oval switch and put back.