Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an Elmira Stove Works Range model #54563. 4 burners

Customer Question

I have an Elmira Stove Works Range model #54563. 4 burners are propane, 2 are electric and the oven is electric. When the oven has been on for a few hours the electric start to light the propane burners just continually sparks but will not light the burners. It just continually snaps. Everything returns to normal once the oven has cooled.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

This sounds like the spark module is going bad, when it gets hot the feedback circuit is likely failing and causing that issue, then when it cools down it will work again. I would say it is time for a new module from Elmira.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please just use the star rating system to rate my service 3 stars or higher thank you.