Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have purchased a washer/dryer within the last year, the

Customer Question

I have purchased a washer/dryer within the last year, the washer "lock light" keeps blinking. Last wash ( normal ) water filled tub but it did not start the washing cycle. Had to drain water. Afraid to try again ---- Help !!!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Often a bad shift actuator can cause this issue, you would really need to put the unit into diagnostic mode to check it out can you do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I'll have to get some help, I'm not going to be able to check this out myself -- thanks anyway.

No problem.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll get rid of the washer, bad buy for me !!!! Thanks

Yes I completely understand!

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please just use the star rating system to rate my service 3 stars or higher thank you.