kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

I got a whirlpool heavy duty twin twin washer/ dryer combo

Customer Question

I got a whirlpool heavy duty twin twin washer/ dryer combo and washer want spin out
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be helping you today. What is happening is your lid switch assembly is broken. I will provide a link to the switch and where to buy it, http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo7/PartDetail/b5p17/Whirlpool-Washer-Dryer-Combo-Lid-Switch-Assembly/3355806/520880?modelNumber=LTE5243DQ3&ss=a17b5c35d583938&mr=1#repairHelpVideoTabs

I will also post a video showing how to repair that part, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuf-n7_ivkI

Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

You can double check if that part is bad by grabbing a screw driver and pressing down on that switch. The switch is located where the lid closes, theres an actuator (small plastic piece) that presses on that switch (a tiny hole in the frame of the washer). If you press that switch and you dont hear a clicking sound its bad. You can also start the spin cycle and press down on that switch with the screw driver. If it works that switch is bad and is coming apart.

Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

I do apologize I linked you the wrong repair video. What you have to do is remove the front control panel, there will be phillips screws holding it in place. Once that is removed near the back right and left of the washing machine lid there are either two 5/16 screws or two clips. ONce that panel is off reach your head back there and see what it is. ONce you have the screws off pull the lid towards you and it will slide off. Lift up the lid and you will see a harness, disconnect the harness and remove the lid. Make sure to do this once you have the new switch, then put the new switch on exactly as the old one was. Make sure to connect the ground screw the same as well. Then put the lid on, connect the harness and screw the lid back on.

Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello, is there anything else I can help you with? Considering your initial question, I have answered your question. The lid switch is the ONLY issue that would cause what is wrong with your unit. Please hit the rate button if I have answered your question.