Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an LG washer (WM2277H). Last spring I replaced the

Customer Question

I have an LG washer (WM2277H). Last spring I replaced the drain pump. It now doesn't drain again. I have drained it manually and cleaned the filter twice. When it reaches the drain cycle, the pump motor growls but no water comes out the back. Does it need
a new motor, or is that symptomatic of another problem (before I turn the washer over and start digging into it again)? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There should be something stuck inside the pump impeller itself, but other than that you know the pump is getting power or it wouldn't growl which means that the pump is bad. You'll need to take the washer apart again at the very least and remove the pump to check for debris hitting the impeller. If you find nothing, then the drain pump would need to be replaced again I'm afraid. There really isn't anything that can cause the pump to go bad early other than debris hitting it so I'm sorry about the bad luck you're having, but it's just that--bad luck.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I'll let you know if something else turns up.cheers --
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Alright sorry about the bad news