kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

This dishwasher fills then ,then surges and floods the front

Customer Question

This dishwasher fills then ,then surges and floods the front beach gasket and then stops for a few seconds and then agitates fine without leaking
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DU1014XTXQ3
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be helping you today. Just so I understand what you are saying, when the dishwasher fills water is leaking out of the front of the door? Is it leaking on a specific side? THen it never leaks again during the entire cycle? Also, could you locate the model number, its located inside the dishwasher along the frame on either the right or left.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the front panel off so I could see what was happening.. The dishwasher feels.. About even with the heater then stops filling.. Then surges/sprays for one to two seconds forcing water evenly out the front of the door beach gasket then stops for a few seconds and then starts agitating normally with no surge or leaks
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Okay, that could be a few things. Take a small paper clip or something similar and locate the wash arms. If you closely inspect the wash arms there are tiny holes located all along them. Take that paper clip and clean out all the holes on all the wash arms. You will have wash arms on the bottom of the dishwahser and also on the top of the dishwasher. Also does this surge out with no dishes inside? If it does it means you arent loading the dishwasher in a way that will have water surge out. Clean it out and try it again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The spray arms look good no cracks no mineral deposits... the dishes are loaded normally ... I reduced the water and tipped the dishwasher back to fully upright and plumb and it only got worse
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Did you do as I instructed and cleaned out all the holes in the spray arms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was going to b4 I submitted my question but couldn't find any debris or mineral deposits whatsoever to clean out
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

You're not going to be able to always see it, the holes are pretty small and there are areas you cant see. Make sure you clean out every hole along the entire spray arm. Also, have you ran it without dishes and is it doing the same thing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try both thanks
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

okay let me konw what happens. Theres not much also that can be causing this to happen outside the bottom or top wash arms being clogged or a piece is broken

Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello, is there any other question you have regarding your dishwasher?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I'll get back to you soon
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

no problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope .. it's not the spray arms .. I can't figure out what causes that 2second surge at the beginning of the cycle that floods the beach gasket and up on the floor ... same with or without dishes