kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

We have an LG LFX25960ST. The dispenser and ice maker

Customer Question

We have an LG LFX25960ST. The dispenser and ice maker stopped working. Regardless of which mode its in; water/cube/crush, nothing comes out. I don't hear the water valve or selenoid operating either. The lights on cube size selector are off. I checked the wiring connectors at the door. I replaced both the Main PCB and Dispenser PCB, still no luck! Im not sure what to do next. Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be helping you today. Does the dispenser PCB light up and are all options responsive when depressed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The display PCB lights up and responds to touch.
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Okay, if you can stay in this chat with me we can get this done as quick as possible

Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

I am going to link you a page, I want you to locate 402c, that is a small switch. That switch will work the water and ice dispenser. http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/K0810256-00005.png

Grab a meter and check for continuity of that switch, make sure to unplug the power before testing. You may have to remove one wire from the switch so you dont get a false reading. If that is fine then check 278C is making contact with that switch when you press the lever down.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That switch works properly. The lights on the ice maker (cube size) are also off
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

You have checked the switch for continuity and also made sure part 278c is making proper contact when you press the lever? Also, are you getting 120 volts to that switch? As far as the cube size on the ice maker, if youre getting power into the ice maker then the issue would be with the ice maker and you would have 2 different problems. If you have alraedy replaced the main pcb and dispenser pcb that rules out those (unless the wires arent on properly or the boards were lemons) both are highly unusual but it happens. If everything I ahve mentioned is fine you will have to find the wiring diagram for this unit and trace all wires.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the switch is operating properly an has no resistance when operated. I tested for volts and it appears there is no power to it. I just tested CON1 on the dispenser PWB, and it showed 0 Volts
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

That may work with that swich, if that switch has no continuity with pressed that switch is bad. You can also jump out the two wires connected but be warned you cannot turn off the dispsener or water valve if you jump it out. You can test if that switch is causing it becasue unplug the unit then connect the two wires on that switch then plug it in and it works, the switch is bad or isnt being contacted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I jumped the switch and nothing changed. It seems like the entire ice maker/dispenser system has no power
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

THe ice maker making ice is completely independent from the dispenser. Either way I am out of ideas and will opt out for another expert. Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyways.... It appears that CON1 on the dispenser PWB provides power for the ice maker and dispenser system. This connection is getting 0 volts. I think at this point I need someone who can tell me where these wires originate. Here's the wiring diagram.