Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My gas oven GE JGSP23WEY3WW trips the breaker when I start

Customer Question

My gas oven GE JGSP23WEY3WW trips the breaker when I start the oven. It used to trip at about 400 deg. and now it happens right when I turn it on. Is it the thermo-coupler?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

This sounds like one of the wires is shorted to ground, can you check the wires to the bake element to see if something is shorted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can check it tomorrow. Thanks

Ok no problem at all.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks