Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am trying to reset my Kitchenaide Architect Series ii

Customer Question

I am trying to reset my Kitchenaide Architect Series ii range. It things I am trying to roast meat with the probe in it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you are correct, if the oven continues to beep "probe" on the display, it means that the unit think your meat probe is plugged in. Open the oven door which has the meat probe jack inside and turn the circuit breaker off to the oven. Try to clean out the meat probe jack with white vinegar and a Q-tip in case oil has worked it's way inside. Allow the jack to dry out and then flip the circuit breaker back on. If the "probe" light continues to come on, you'll need to order and replace the probe receptacle because it has failed and just think that the probe is plugged in when it's not.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?