Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My GE profile oven Model JMP31W0A2WW lock light is flashing,

Customer Question

My GE profile oven Model JMP31W0A2WW lock light is flashing, and wont turn off. I have unplugged started clean cycle and cancelled the during the clean cycle the oven did not heat up and the oven door does open. What should I do to get the light to turn off and my oven working again?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So whether the door opens and closes or not, the issue is still the door latch itself. It thinks it's stuck between the lock and and unlock position. Try to wiggle the latch hook and reset the circuit breaker to see if the issue will reset. If not, then you'l need to order and replace the latch assembly because it has just failed so below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for latch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thank you for your input. I will rate after I have expensive part installed and oven works
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Alright, good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put the new latch assembly the light is still flashing
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, if you installed the new latch and it's still flashing the lock light, make sure the wires between the latch and the board are not damaged and if that checks good, then the display control board has just failed and isn't reading the latch properly anymore so that display board would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I check the wires and they look good, I flipped the breaker on stove for 20 minutes and the light is still flashing. what next ?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There isn't really anything left but to replace the display board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok what is the parts number ?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The part number is *****

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The question is ask prompting me to reply but I don't see a reply from you yet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent the circuit board out for repair, and still not working. what is left to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it back and hooked it up after it came back from repair
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There is nothing left. Either the board wasn't refurbished properly or the latch came faulty. Those are the only 2 options.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its doing the exact same thing lock light still flashing
ok I guess ill sleep on it not sure what to do
thanks I will keep you posted
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Alright well you can return the latch and get a new one---2 latches won't come faulty. Other than that you'd know that the board wasn't refurbished properly if it still acts up.