Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My new oven needs to be hardwired into the wall receptacle.

Customer Question

my new oven needs to be hardwired into the wall receptacle. the oven is a European make (Fagor) and has 3 wires coming out of the cord. The ground wire, a red wire and a black wire. the manual say to hook the red wire to the hot wire in the wall and to hook the black wire to the neutral wire (and obviously the ground to ground). My wall receptacle has 2 hot wires (a red and black) and one neutral (a white). My question is, do i just hook up red to red, black to white, ground to ground and then cap off the extra black live wire in the wall receptacle? Or does it need to be done a different way?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You will need to employ an electrician to rewire the oven, if it can be rewired. That oven uses 230 VAC at 50Hz, so it will need to be converted, if possible.