Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

In looking to disable the buzzer in a Maytag washer/dryer

Customer Question

Hi in looking to disable the buzzer in a Maytag washer/dryer LSG786AAE. I opened the control panel but can't seem to find he buzzer to disable the buzzer wire. Can you point me in the right direction?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

It is mounted inside the cabinet itself, part #7 at this link..it should be in the lower corner inside the cabinet often towards the back.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! How do I get to it? Lots of parts in the way. There's a blue and yellow wire that may be running to it (which I have acces to) and I could cut one and tape it up but not sure it's the right wire.

Snap a picture of the schematic and upload it here I can tell you how to do it faster.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pics attached

OK just get at the timer to the dryer and remove the wire on the PK terminal....tape that and no more buzzer!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By PK do you mean pink?

Yes Pink number 45 wire correct!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I think that should be success! Running dryer now and will confirm it worked in about 30 mins. Thank you!

Yes no problem at all , all I ask is please use the STAR rating system to rate my service thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok... So the buzzer is off but now the dryer won't turn off... It just keeps running

That should have nothing to do with the unit turning off at all, put it back on and see but it should not.