Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I have a ge profile dryer. Wont heat or tumble. Changed

Customer Question

I have a ge profile dryer. Wont heat or tumble. Changed inlet thermostat, thermistor, motor, have 115v on element and at motor. 240 at block on back. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also changed element and have tested thermal fuse and door switch and pulley switch
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

model#? Guessing at the problem is only wasting money on unneeded parts as well as time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dpse810eg0wt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im wandering if i got a bad motor because i have 115 on the motor
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The motor should of course be running with power to it, so it would be bad here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Ran power straight to motor. Motor runs. Also pin 2from pulley seitch doesnot have power. It runs from logic board right under motor relay. Thermal fuse has continuity on element and has voltage. The voltage on motor that i originally reported came from the element to pin 6.what do you think? I dont know how to test that relay. Thats my hunch. Good thing I bought the motor for $40 on ebay. I can fix any f**king dryer now i tell you that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relay had 152 ohms as did others. I could be testing wrong though. That also doesnt test that it is physically closing. Plz help
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

You must have not measured between the correct 2 wires when telling me that the motor had power. The idler pulley must be engaging the belt switch or else the motor will not run with the dryer apart. So, if the belt switch is engaging then your problem is in the circuit board and it would need replacing as I cannot offer you any help on repairing the board as no info is available on that.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

So, what else is needed here??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A refund
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.

won't heat if it won't run. On the control board find the 4 pin connector - first see if you have 120 volts from L1 orange wire to N yellow wire . If you do then hit start and see if you now have 120 volts from the purple wire to the yellow wire - if you don't the board is the problem . You could also jump the purple to the orange and see if it runs ( door shut , belt on , of course )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its the motor relay i did inline voltage test on motor and worked backwards. Ordered $3 relay on line and will solder on board. I want a refund.