Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a WED5300sq0 dryer and it will not start. I have

Customer Question

I have a WED5300sq0 dryer and it will not start. I have checked power from the plug, thermal fuses, starter switch, door switch, and thermostat. All have continuity. What could stop it from running? no noise, no nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you select a cycle and press start, does the dryer beep? If so, how many times does it beep? Other than that, if you watch the display timer for a few minutes after you press start, does the display still count down even though it doesn't run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no beeps. No sounds. This model does not have a display timer. Did you not even look the model up? My initial inquiry stated that there was no noise.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

yes, I did and I was just clarifying that there was not a beeping noise because some people just mean "no motor noise" or any type of sound like it's running when they say "no noise". Either way, I see you have lost confidence in me or aren't giving me the benefit of the doubt and I do not like to start conversations like that when all I'm doing is helping so I wish you the best and I'll opt out.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

I am a different tech would you still like some help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I requested a refund based on the last expert's lack of help.