AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576

We got error code f51 took it apart pulled out torn up rag

Customer Question

We got error code f51 took it apart pulled out torn up rag stick under drum. Ran empty load still get error code F51 yet there is nothing else under drum. Don't know what else to look for.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

f51 error indicates that your rotor position sensor is not registering or it is just bad. try this, remove and reinstall the connector at the RPS at least three times to clean off any corrosion built up on the connector and RPS due to the intermittent connections. after that go ahead and try to run a cycle. if you continue to receive the error then you need to replace the RPS sensor.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave and give me at least a 3 star rating. . If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks