MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Where is the ice maker water solinoid located on model

Customer Question

where is the ice maker water solinoid located on model rf26vabbp. plenty of water presure. no water enters ice maker. I am wondering if solinoid is inopertive. I have water at dispencer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The valve is on the back of the unit and is impossible to not see as you will see the lines running from it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If 2 lines run from the valve, then one goes to the filter and one to ice maker? The one going to ice maker,what keeps it from dispencing water into ice maker all the time? There must be a shut off valve or something to prevent water from entering ice maker. I don't understand the sequence of ice maker operation. HELP.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The icemaker will fill only when it cycles, so it may well be that your icemaker is bad and not the valve as valves rarely ever fail on these. Pour some water in the mold (assuming there is no ice in it) and see if it ejects it after a few hours.